I hope you all had a blessed Christmas celebrating with family and friends and rejoicing over the birth of our Savior!
With Christmas now officially over, it's time to start doing some major Kenya prep! One week from today I'll be in Kenya!! (I'll land about 8:30pm Nairobi time on Wednesday, January 2- about 12:30pm Michigan time.)
I have spent the last hour searching through all of my family's various luggage in hopes of finding plug/voltage adapters and a small, hand-held thing that weighs your suitcase so you don't have to use a scale. I found plenty of adapters, but the scale is missing. I also found various other treasures from all of Dad's many trips around the world- travel sized rolls of toilet paper, coins from different countries, many pens, his flight schedule from a 2010 trip, ziploc bags, a 12 day supply of Malaria medication (that's not even expired yet! yay!), and a plethora of receipts. I also stumbled upon my high school diploma, tassel, and pictures from my high school graduation...not sure how that ended up in our suitcases, but I remember when we moved we just started shoving random things in the suitcases because we just needed to quickly get stuff to the new house! So, needless to say, it's been an entertaining hour of finding all of these things. Now, if only I could find that hand-held suitcase weigher...
Right now, I've got a small case of the pre-travel jitters. Each night as I try to fall asleep, my mind races with things to think about and get ready. But, in reality, I know I'm ready. Yes, I have these minor fears/concerns, but I know God is in control and everything will work itself out.
Check back soon for more updates!
No comments:
Post a Comment